Tuesday, March 3, 2009

After!

So here is our new furniture. I'm still not done with the whole room. I don't care much for the pillows that came with our couches, they seems too southwestern for me. I'm keeping my eyes open for fabric to cover them and match to curtains. I always get nervous when I pick things out at a store and am not positive how they will look in my house. Joey and I were both relieved that they work so well. Our table doesn't have the leaf in it right now because it would take up the whole dining room. I'm also not sure about the lazy susan that came with it, but it sure is fun spinning food toward Joey! The only downer was that the delivery men (they blamed it on someone else) dropped the table top and crunched a corner. We'll get our new, new table in a week or so. Now onto finishing the backyard and tiling the floors!

12 comments:

Heather's Pink said...

Great taste! Our dining room table is almost the same style. The couches make your living room.. how should I say this, clean. Not, that it looked dirty, but new furniture makes everything look clean and crisp. Congratulations!

Bob's moving on up.. to the east side of Dayton. To a single story house in the sagebrush.. moving on up...

Jen Johnson said...

It looks so good! I'm so happy for you guys! A new house, a new car, and new furniture! You guys are doing so good!

staci kling said...

Heather it looks great. I remember when jason and I bought our first couch. What a diasater. I will tell you about it later. But it is so fun getting new things to furnish your home. You are doing a great job!

Heather's Pink said...

We still haven't bought a couch.

Can't tell very well in the picture...is that leather? It makes my butt sweat just thinking about it.

heatlight said...

No, it's microfiber like Mom's blue couches. It does look like leather in the picture, though. I would never get a leather couch, they make farty noises when you move around!

jessica said...

I really like your table, that is a great height. Nice couches. We may need couches. Could you direct us accordingly?:) Annie so lovingly smeared poo into ours yesterday after finger painting the wall. Anyone want to come visit? I think I need wipe friendly couches from here on out...leather. @ Dan, Sweaty butt is better than...well, you know. We think Hudson' needs a, "Who Flung Poo?" shirt and Annie can have an, "I flung poo."

heatlight said...

@Jessica- The nice salesman gave us a warranty that covers "anything that comes out of your body." Yum. You don't have to be limited to leather and there's always plastic covers. :)

SarahPyrah said...

love the whole shabang! they all go well together.

Matt N Karen said...

Looks awesome! Your table looks really high...Max will love climbing those chairs, and jumping off them (just wait, it will happen).

Heather's Pink said...

Sister was a poo smearer as well. One time we found her not taking her nap and busy smearing it in all the little cracks found on her crib. It still doesn't smell quite right when it gets wet.

jessica said...

@ Heather Have you seen, "My Big, Fat, Greek Wedding?" I'm Greek. I could do plastic covers. I would also lovingly welcome a "bodily functions" warranty! It looks like you got a great salesman:)

Leslie said...

Oh I get it... your new furniture! L-O-V-E-L-Y!