Monday, March 16, 2009

A few of my favorite things


Yesterday was a good day. Max went to nursery for all of church! Technically, he's not actually 18 months, but the fact that he makes a bee-line for the nursery room in any church building is a sign to us that he's more than ready. Of course since I dropped him off, there were no tears (he only has attachment issues with Joey). I got nervous when the nursery leader poked her head into Sunday School looking knowingly at me, but it was only a really stinky diaper. That might not sound like a big deal, but Max is a bit of a shy pooper (yeah, yeah TMI) so he must have felt pretty darn comfortable in there! Sending Max to nursery for the majority of church is one of my new favorite things!
Another favorite of mine is our growing cupcake business. I made these cute spring chicks for some friends who had birthdays.
These are some monster cupcakes I made today for a preschooler's birthday. I think Jim Henson would be proud. They were super easy too.Lastly, my favorite thing to hope for is our backyard. Joey worked all weekend getting ready to pour our cement patio. I cannot wait for grass and a garden! Max loves going out to play in the dirt, but I would rather be playing on some grass. Hopefully we'll have the majority of the yard done by the end of the summer.

7 comments:

Jen Johnson said...

Those cupcakes look so good! You are awesome!

Unknown said...

those cupcakes look amazing! i think your dreams of becoming martha are coming true! in fact you should send a picture of the cupcakes to her show and try to get on it:)

Heather's Pink said...

Your abilities as head cupcake maker are really growing.

I can't believe that is the same backyard we saw before you moved in! It is really coming together. You will love the freedom of a clean, fenced in backyard. You may even forget Max is back there:) Although, if he does his usual bang on the glass and yell you may not.

Anonymous said...

Those look too pretty to eat! But I would still eat them!

jessica said...

Who doesn't love nursery more than the parents?! We have contemplated many times of putting the kids in nursery for sacrament meeting too into the other ward and tell them we are visiting

Matt N Karen said...

Love the cupcakes, those are awesome! Your backyard is coming together fast, maybe play group will have to be at your house, ha ha.

staci kling said...

I enjoyed your "spring chick" cupcakes. Thank you so much!!