Wednesday, October 15, 2008

In Your Face, We're #1

Max's first birthday was quite the fete. Don't know if I could count how many people we had at our house! Like always, I got caught up in the details of his cake and got in a little over my head. Joey thought I should make Curious George's eyes red like he was an attack monkey, but I thought better of it. Max didn't go crazy with his cake like I was expecting, but he is definitely my son. Every time he passes the cake he says, "mmmm" and holds out his hand, dying for another piece. I'm hoping the square foot of cake we have left over from the party will disappear soon... and not into my belly! Here are some pictures from the party. Thanks to everybody for coming, it was a blast!

Love this one of Sarah. Classy.
I'm glad to be done with the first birthday planning and now it's on to more important things- getting rid of the bottle and reign in the tantrum monster!

7 comments:

MOM B said...

The cake looks delicious and Max looks well pleased. Sorry I couldn't be there.
Dad

Taneil said...

I loved watching Max eat his cake. That's exactly how I eat cake when no one's around. Happy birthday Max!

jessica said...

His birthday looks so fun! I love the cake...very artistic!
Let me know how you reign the tantrum monster, mine still rears from time to time!

Rachel said...

He is way cute. Can you believe a year has passed? *sniff*

Great job on the cake, by the way!

Heather's Pink said...

Happy Birthday Max! The cake turned out great! Wish we could be there to help eat it!

Jen Johnson said...

I can't get over how cute that boy is! He was so much fun at his party! Great job on the cake Heather! You are awesome!

Heather's Pink said...

Nice pumpkins! Just wondering...which one of you is the pig?