Friday, September 12, 2008

I'm a planner

I think like most kids when August came around, I had already decided what I would be for Halloween. It probably took me longer than most kids to realize I was too old to dress up. However, I now have someone who I get to choose his costume for him! Old Navy was having a sale and Joey knew I had my eye on the monkey costume for Max. Actually, it was a big toss up between the skunk and the monkey. We decided a monkey is more Max's style, plus Joey wants him to wear it on his birthday which is going to be Curious George themed (Yes, I already planned that too, although, I think the costume might be a little too much what with the cake and all). Of course, I had to see if the costume would fit right, you know, in case I had to plan out something else for him to be. I mean, I only have like a month and a half before Hallow's eve! Here are some pictures, I think we made the right decision with the monkey. It was a little hard to tear him away from his favorite Baby Einstein (thanks, Tiff!) to look at the camera.



Doesn't he look like a browner version of Hudson in this one?
Joey couldn't resist hugging him. With all that padding it was like a stuffed animal!

7 comments:

jessica said...

OHhhhh, he is so cute!! I love puffy costumes. Hudson was a lion last year and we couldn't help picking him up and squeezing him. He wasn't a fan.

jim_blattman said...

Max makes a handsome monkey. I'm surprised you like monkeys. I don't suppose you remember our "See the Monkey" routine when you were crying as a baby. To go see the monkey we'd go a mirror and point her out. You would get mad and bawl even louder.

tblattman said...

ADORABLE!!!

Jen Johnson said...

OOOOOOHHHHHH! He is so cute! I love that little boy! He is a very cute monkey! Great planning Heather!

Leslie said...

I couldn't celebrate halloween because it was from the pit (pronounced "pih-yut").

And also... it took you a while to stop doing a lot of things... When you asked me to play "store" on your mom's treadmill/conveyor belt when we were in 7th grade, I had to draw the line. It's called tough love, Heather.

Heather's Pink said...

He is so cute!!!

Meagan said...

Hey there Joey, Heather and Max! I just wanted to say how cute your little boy is. He just looks like he is just so much fun and so full of energy. I hope that all is well with you guys.
Meagan Johnson