Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Crying Out Loud!


This is what happens when I let Max "cry it out." It never fails, I'm either exhausted or in the middle of something and he refuses to sleep. So I think to myself, "Just let him cry himself back to sleep." I usually give up and find him soaked through his diaper, tangled in blankets (usually over his mouth, very safe) or in crazy uncomfortable positions like this one, yesterday. He did finally fall asleep this way, but I felt so bad because his nose was completely smashed against the bumper and he was making snorty sounds trying to breathe. I think I'm a shoe in for "Mother of the Year."

6 comments:

Young Family said...

No matter how safe you make the crib they seem to find the most unsafe way to sleep in it. He looks happy though. I would vote you mom of the year!

coweeclan said...

My baby can't beat up your baby just yet. I think he's still learning to focus, so most likley his punches wouldn't even make contact with Max. Plus, he just looks mean, he's really sweet- like me. Yeah I'm going to bunco.

Heather's Pink said...

Try bungee cords.

willblatt said...

safety pin him to the bed?

Unknown said...

Well, i have never had bumpers, and Ellie seems to like sleeping with her face jammed up as hard as she can against the bars. she always has these funky bruises on her face in the shape of the bars on her crib...weird huh. hey, as long as they are asleep:)

The Hunters said...

Oh, Heather, you are a good mom! Did I give Max the onesie he is wearing in this picture? It looks somewhat familiar. I can't wait to talk to you and tell you all of my exciting stories!