Saturday, August 1, 2009

Baby Luke

It seemed like I was never going to go into labor with this baby. I never really put any stock into old wives tales that were supposed to put you into labor, so I never tried them. Thursday, I was fed up. I did not want a repeat of Max and sit at home contracting (but not enough) for two days. Joey came home from work and since it wasn't stifling hot anymore, we went for a walk. I was actually keeping the pace, and by the third block, I started having contractions 10 mins apart. We got home and it continued. What would be the logical next step? Well, go to Taco Smell, of course. I did not want to be in the hospital for-ev-er starving, so I loaded up on a quesadilla (yeah, yeah, not the smartest). By the time we got back home from Taco Bell, my contractions were about 5 mins apart. We decided to head up the hill towards Reno, making plans with my mom and sister along the way. Because it's me, my contractions stopped as soon as I got on the monitors. I tried my best to stay positive in case she sent us home thinking we could go to Farmer's Market and I could get on that nice bungee contraption to make the baby fly out. Finally I got some really hard contractions and she let us stay.
We arrived at St. Mary's at about 7:00pm and Luke James Light was born at 3:00am exactly. He is a hefty fellow weighing in at 8 pounds, 15 ounces and measuring 22 inches. I think the heftiest part is his umm... sack. Apparently he has retained some fluid there, so his diaper is a little snug around the racket ball-size...balls. He seems to be a pretty calm baby and is content to be a blob. We are keeping our fingers crossed he stays this way. He has two chins, no neck, and a full head of hair. At the moment he has deep blue eyes, but I think that will probably change(I don't want to get my hopes up).
I'm doing good. Recovery has been a TON better this time and surprisingly no tears or sutures to heal from. We've had great nurses this time and now we're just waiting for the okay to get outta here!

From Luke James Light

12 comments:

Young Family said...

Oh he's cute! Congrats!

Jen Johnson said...

Congrats guys! He is such a cutie! I love babies that have extra rolls on their cute little bodies! Hopefully his little...well I guess big sack problem will clear up so Max doesn't feel left out! LOL! Good job guys! He's a cutie!

coweeclan said...

I foresee the same problem that Garrett and Dallan are going to encounter, by this time next year, Max will be wearing Luke's hand-me-downs! Congratulations on another Light!

Matt N Karen said...

Congratulations!! He is beautiful, and hey in a few months he can take down Max! Hope you are home soon! Take care!

The Gang! said...

All our BLessings to the Light Family! What a Cute New addition! Post More Pictures soon! Have fun with your two boys now! It goes by too fast!

Ginocchio Family said...

Congrats!! He is adorable. Glad to hear that the recovery has been a good one. Can't wait to see him!

tblattman said...

CONGRATULATIONS, Now you can really enjoy the rest of your summer in your new body!!!

Taneil said...

You make having babies sound easy! He is so cute and I love all that dark hair!

Lighthouse said...

He is sooo cute! So happy for you all! We can't wait to see little Luke.

Heather's Pink said...

Congratulations! He is cute even if he is crying.

Leslie said...

Congrats! He is such a cutie!

Rachel said...

He's so cute! Congrats. :) It's about time!