Monday, July 27, 2009

The Final Countdown

We are now T minus 5 days for countdown. I think I'm finally ready. Last week was a mad rush to finish my online education class. This week is actually the last week of the class, but with my "bag-a-bulgin'" as Sarah likes to call it, I didn't want to take any chances. I asked my instructor to work with me just in case I went into labor. She eagerly said, "Sure, what'd you have in mind?" I asked for a simple extension on my final just in case I went into labor. She responded to my email with an ever so helpful, "No, you cannot have an extension. You can just finish everything a week early, ok?" Not ok! So as I raced around BSing my final assignment, Max had to intervene. He somehow plugged the laptop adapter into the outlet (child plug covers are no match for him), tripped the breaker, and shorted out my adapter. With no battery and no adapter I was freaking. Outsourced Dell support to the rescue. I have no idea what the Middle Eastern woman said half the phone call, but she nicely overnighted me an adapter and I finished my ridiculous class! Now we are just waiting for this baby to arrive. The next date that my doctor said she would induce me is on the 3rd, so atleast I know I only have to make it until then. For now, I'll just settle for running through the sprinklers with Max.

5 comments:

Jen Johnson said...

Oh! Almost done Heather! Hang on a little longer! Your teacher was not very nice! She was such a nice help making you finish a week early!

Leslie said...

I could use an extra profile picture or two of you... you know, in the last few days before the baby comes. I'd put it in my scrapbook.

jessica said...

Yay! Impressive you finished the class, even with your lively little man. I think he is just making sure you are on your toes in case of nuclear attack, aliens or maybe labor. We were all wondering on Monday if we would be hearing from you a few days early:)

Lighthouse said...

So happy for you! Can't wait to see your little baby. :)

Matt N Karen said...

Hey your still running through the spinklers, sounds like you could make it another 2 weeks! Just kidding, I know the end is the hardest, hope everything with delivery goes well!