Friday, August 14, 2009

Campout


Joey and Max are off to the Father and Sons campout tonight. It's interesting how my perspective has changed. Things seemed so much harder with Max as a newborn. I would have cringed at the idea of being left alone with him overnight. Many nights I spent bouncing him in his bouncer with my foot trying to figure out something to make him stop crying. Now, the thought of being alone with Luke for the night sounds peaceful and easy. I don't have to chase him around anywhere and his demands are relatively simple. Oh yeah, and he doesn't know the word, "No!" yet. I just hope Max makes it home in one piece and doesn't try to run away to be raised by bears.

7 comments:

Leslie said...

I love how Joey has a Scheels shirt on in nearly every picture.

Lighthouse said...

I hope you're surviving. I think about you often & I hope your managing OK. Baby Luke is so cute. He looks so peaceful. :)

Matt N Karen said...

How precious, he is so cute! Enjoy those night with just one they are few and far between!

jessica said...

I definitely appreciate those nights now too:) We're excited to hear the results of the campout!

Heather's Pink said...

I didn't use to like to be alone either until Dan would travel a lot for work. I got used to it and now I like having the bed all to myself.

Jen Johnson said...

Joey and Max look so much a like. I hope that they had fun this weekend....I hope you had fun too! I bet you were able to get some much needed rest!

Meagan said...

Congrats on you new little man. Max looks so big compared to his little brother. I always think the same thing about Jonah too. We was always our little man until Caleb came. Now Jonah's a little kid. I do have to tell you that when I heard about your kids, well ummm...junk, I just had to laugh! The AC DC song keeps running through my head, "I've got big balls. He's got big balls. But I've got the biggest balls of them all!"