Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Fruits of my labor

I bet you thought I went into labor. Ha! No, something much more fun and less painful. Our garden is producing! I discovered my first zucchini baby last night. I can't bring myself to chop it up, maybe it's the mother in me. Hopefully we'll have it with dinner tomorrow night. My peas are going crazy, too bad Max doesn't eat peas... or anything else for that matter. My knee-high-by-July corn is growing little tassels. I'm so excited that I actually can grow things! Apparently I grow weeds just as well as vegetables. I'm taking a very aggravating education class, so pulling weeds sort of gets rid of my frustration... and maybe it'll send me into labor.
In the spirit of melon growing, here's a picture of me at 36 weeks. Ugh, can't wait for that watermelon to drop!

6 comments:

Leslie said...

... whoa...


And look at that hair!

Taneil said...

Way to go, Heather! You have got this stay-at-home mom thing down. Weeding a garden at 9 months pregnant in the middle of July is quite the accomplishment!

Matt N Karen said...

You look so good..and your garden, wow, way to go! I gave up this year..two with weapons not a great battle..just wait!!

Jen Johnson said...

Matt's jealous he can't have a garden! Good growing.....on both accounts! I hope you have that baby soon!

jessica said...

You look beautiful. I'd swear you just hid a recently grown little pumpkin under there...then again, I guess it some ways, there is truth to that:)

staci kling said...

Heather you look so cute! I can't wait to meet your "melon" when he comes. Hang in there!