Thursday, January 8, 2009

Stink, Stank, Stunk!

I don't have much new to report, other than I think I'm going to go into hibernation until spring. I think I could really sleep that long. When I'm pregnant I turn into one of those dolls where when you lay them flat their eyelids automatically close. I've missed a lot of good shows this way and apparently I snore.

On one hand, I'm really glad I'm not teaching with this pregnancy. I remember when I was pregnant with Max I would fall asleep with my head on my desk during recess, not to mention having to breathe out of my mouth to keep from inhaling the toxic fumes 10 year old boys produce. On the other hand, I have noticed if I'm busy, I don't notice how incredibly disgusting I feel. If I was teaching at least I would have bigger problems than whether or not my food would stay down. I told Joey last night that it feels like my stomach is full of rotten eggs on a ferris wheel. I can't tell you how many antacids I've taken or how many foods I've tried to settle my gag reflex. All I know is if I even hear about anything BBQ'd I have heartburn the rest of the day! Basically, I'm down to hot chocolate and peanut butter toast.

I know it may shock my family members, but I'm an optimist at heart. I have searched for the silver lining in this stomach-acidy balloon. First, it must mean the baby is healthy and I've got prego hormones up the wazoo, right? RIGHT?!? Secondly, all I wanted with Max was fresh fruit and now that is all he eats... all 20 pounds of him. SO this baby has got to be a fatty... a fat, docile, sleepy baby. (Don't burst my bubble on this one, I have to hold onto some hope!)

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Keegan is roughly the size of a peanut b/c all I ate was peanut butter and orange marmalade sandwiches.

I don't know if it'll work for you, but worth a try anyway- someone told me to try those Altoids sours to settle my stomach and it worked fairly well. I must have ate 20 tins of them. Especially at the store, you know when you're innocently shopping and then all of a sudden you are attacked by a giant wave of rotisserie-chicken scented air?

Leslie said...

Number one: I hope you have a fat baby. It would serve you right after how much you made fun of me.

Number two: Uh... optimist at heart?

Number three: Dave says if you have prego hormones up the wazoo, you should see a doctor. They're not supposed to be there.

Jen Johnson said...

I know what you mean! Some one mentions salad and I can feel my throat start to burn and no matter how many tums I eat I can't get my heart burn to go away! I hope for your sake that this baby is a good sleeper! I don't know how you lasted a whole year without a full nights sleep with Max! I would have gone crazy! I'm sure I have jinxed myself with this next one though with how good a sleeper Jonah is! Any ways, I hope this pregnancy gets easier for you! I counted down the days till my second trimester! I hope you feel better this time around with this new baby!

jessica said...

Tums worked really well for me. The tropical smoothie ones were good. I might suggest buying up some of the stock before you begin your purchasing. Maybe you could make your money back.

Taneil said...

I'm sorry to hear that you are not feeling well! I have heard that a rough pregnancy equals an angel child. I'm sure your baby will be born with a halo strapped to his head. Mine on the other hand...even the doctor commented that she had to "chase him around my uterus" just to get the heartbeat. I think I'm going to have a handful.