Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Sweater Party

We look forward to our annual Ugly Christmas Sweater Party almost as much as Christmas itself. We are like kids in a candy store when we search for the perfect sweater. It does get a little awkward as we stand in Goodwill almost peeing our pants over the ridiculous sweaters when another person is checking out the same holiday selection in all seriousness.

This year was almost a disaster due to an annoying blizzard. At first, I just thought the Gambles were just being babies like usual. Then as the snow got worse, I realized it wasn't worth putting our guests in mortal peril just for some cookies and old lady sweaters. We reluctantly rescheduled for the next weekend, leaving out two couples who promised to be our toughest competition. Where are your priorities, people?! Surgery?? Hawaii?? Seriously, I think we all know which is more important! Ugly Christmas Sweaters!! Oh well, maybe next year the Johnsons will get to lose in person... that is unless one of them decides to remove another organ. Thanks to our friends who came and made it another successful party!

The Lights enjoying the sweet taste of victory... again!!

The newest editions to Sweater scene. Sorry Jensens, we take no mercy on newbies!
Sibling rivalry rears it's ugly head... or sweater in this case.

Kudos to Jamin for being man enough to wear what only can be described as a hot pad on a mini dress.
All in all, everyone brought their "A" game, unfortunatly that's not enough when you are facing the Lights! Booyah!


7 comments:

Matt N Karen said...

This sounds like so much fun!

Taneil said...

Ok, we should have for sure won for authenticity. Your sweaters were such posers. Also, Jamin's sweater was wrong on so many levels. Was it made for a 7 ft. tall grandma?!? I also love the little bow on the pot holder. My husband is so sexy,

Heather's Pink said...

Ok, did Sarah make their sweater's. I am impressed that she had that much time on her hands before the baby came...those cotton balls seem to go a little too low for me.

Heather's Pink said...

Oh, I almost forgot...can you show Joey's sweater so I can see all of it. I could use some new exercise moves.

jessica said...

U-G-L-Y...except, I actually really like Max's sweater:) Does that make me one of "those"people?!

Jen Johnson said...

I'm so sad that we missed it! Joey's sweater was pretty good! Jamin's was right up there too! Hopefully next year we will bring back to trophy!

SarahPyrah said...

I am so glad you picked that picture of me...fattering... I mean flattering...