Saturday, June 13, 2009

Water, Baby!

Joey hasn't had much work lately. In fact, he stayed home yesterday because he didn't have anything to do at work. We thought we'd make the best of it and plan a family day. We planned to run a bunch of errands and then go swimming at the swim center in Minden. I had a sneaking suspicion that Joey would get called in just because we made plans. I'm psychic. As soon as we finished our nutritious breakfast (the pregnant lady wanted donuts), Joey's radio went off. I wasn't too disappointed because he needs the hours. By the time Joey got off work, I was so bored I agreed to drive to Minden, with a huge headache, AND wear a swimsuit in my whale-ish condition.

The trip was well worth it. Max is a natural water baby! He went underwater a few times without crying, which is funny since he acts like we are waterboarding him when he gets a little water on his face in the tub. The only time he got the slightest bit bratty was when Joey went off the high dive and Max was dying to get a turn. I better get him into swim lessons before he takes his giant leap when I'm not looking!

6 comments:

Taneil said...

Swimming feels so good while you are pregnant. It may not look good to those around you, but it sure feels good.

Jen Johnson said...

Max is SO CUTE! He looks just like Joey in that picture! We are going to have to swim together! Max and Jonah can be water boys together!

Leslie said...

Wow, Max is really modest.

Heather's Pink said...

Max is looking like a little kid. Does he smell like one too? He is so big!

Matt N Karen said...

Don't you know bath water is different Mom? Isn't that funny how they can practically drown in the pool and it is okay but freak about a drop in the tub? Looks like it was a fun day!

Meghan and Tyler said...

yoyoyo What's up Lights?!?!?

This is your long lost friend Tyler. My wife and I decided to search for some friends(kinda creepy huh?) and we found you and the Johnsons!

Your fam is cute!

email me at:
ttotsbarc (at) gmail
so my wife can invite you to our blog and keep in touch.