Monday, March 31, 2008

Sounds of Silence

So it's 7:15pm and finally Max is asleep. I know 7:15 sounds early, but the kid has been screaming since he woke up at 4:00. I don't know what is going on with him, but he better pop out a tooth or something so that I can feel like this agony is worth it. I would say that it is peaceful now that he is unconcious, but I also have the basset hound next door to listen to as well as my fabulous white trash neighbors with their "Rock Band" game. Ah, but there is a glimmer of hope! We got approved for a house loan (much higher number than first thought) so we can move out of white-trash-ville! We are looking for a house on Saturday, YAY! I can't believe we are finally going to own a house.

P.S. Does anyone have a suggestion for Mad Max? He's not constipated, running a fever, or allergic to new food (no rash and I haven't given him anything new in a week)

5 comments:

SarahPyrah said...

Emily was like that. She was only happy when she was stripped down to her diaper (or less) and we said "arms" and tickled, then "legs" and tickled and then "nose" and "ear" and so on. It was like she finally got comfortable and then preoccupied with something else. Jakers is that way too to a lesser extent and we have to go for a walk in the stroller.
Not sure how warm it is there for either of these activities, but worth a shot :)

Young Family said...

Tylenol...what ever is the problem at least he will sleep through it. :)

The Hunters said...

I am so excited for you guys to own a house. It will be fun to decorate it. I am sorry Max isn't feeling well. I hope he gets better soon.

Leslie said...

I think he needs a good spanking.

Dave says he's heard it's good for babies when you give them tiny chewable objects... it makes them feel better.

And I'm upset that I had to hear it from an impersonal blog that you got approved for a home loan.

heatlight said...

Well, Leslie, I didn't want to bother you what with your "raspy throat" and all.