Monday, January 24, 2011

excuse my tardiness, please

I noticed today that I forgot to post about our Christmas. So I'll do it now... a month later. It doesn't really feel like winter anymore around here (it's supposed to be a balmy 59 degrees by Thursday), so maybe that's why it slipped my mind. We really enjoyed our Christmas Eve with our little family. We went swimming in the morning and had the pool almost to ourselves (besides the old people who really have no modesty or shame in the locker room). Then we decorated ornaments. Max squeezed out an entire bottle of glitter paint, then flung it at the wall. That was fun.


The finished products:

Then we decorated cookies, and ate clam chowder in bread bowls. I think we might make this our tradition instead of Hamburger Soup. (gasp) scandalous, I know!


Christmas morning was really fun for the boys and they loved their new workbench. So much so, that they fight over it non-stop.

Joey insisted on making me "try on" my gifts. I guess they fit... camping... yay...

We drove to the Mucc Christmas Day to spend time with my parents before they left on their mission. We were going to take home our newest edition, Goober, that day, but after learning of his "nervous bowels" I decided otherwise. I don't need my car smelling like big dog diarrhea on a hot day. My parents brought him up a few days later. Goober has settled in with us and resigned himself to be tortured by Max all day, everyday. Max is really fascinated by Goo's tail (and what's under there) and I'm sure Goo feels violated all the time.

Here's our belated Christmas gift from us to you- Max performing the part of Sugar Plum Fairy. Sorry, he is a prima ballerina and doesn't appreciate flash photography's affect on his art.






I'm not sure what this second move is... some sort of scissor kick, twitchy thing. Whatever it was, I think he's future Juilliard material.

4 comments:

Taneil said...

You have some great traditions going for your family! I can't believe how mature Luke looks in the painting picture. Such a cutie. Ironically, my little word verification code below is "max." How's that for random?

Jen Johnson said...

Looks like you guys had a ton of fun! So cute! Those boys get bigger and cuter every time I see them!

jessica said...

Glitter paint!! That looks like fun times!!

Heather's Pink said...

We rebels have to stick together. We have White Chicken Chili in bread bowls instead of the Hamburger Stew.