Saturday, December 5, 2009

I'm a big kid now!

I've been dreading taking Max out of his crib ever since it dawned on me that we'd need the crib for Luke. I put it off as long as possible, but after many nights of Luke getting his fat arms stuck in the slats of his all too small cradle, I knew it was time. I figured it wouldn't be too much of a shock to Max since he's so accustomed to climbing in and out of his crib. We finally got everything sanded and painted last night. Max was pretty eager to help set up the bed and immediately took the first jumps on it... too bad the mattress wasn't on the frame yet. He also threw a big fit when I made him get off to put on the sheets. Even with all his excitement, I thought he might make several trips out to the living room after being put to bed. I am happy to say he didn't make a peep all night! He even went down for a nap just now without a fight. I wish I could say the same for Luke, what a stinker!If I've learned anything about Max these past two years, he can't be pushed into anything. He wanted a big boy bed, so he went willingly. I'm sure if I had tried this a few months earlier, he would have fought me tooth and nail. That's not to say he didn't immediately climb into Luke's new crib and throw a fit about it being his bed too. I'll choose my battles.


Luke had a first this week also. He started cereal. I thought he'd be more excited about it than he was. Everyday at dinner he wants to be up at the table with us and smacks his lips as he watches us eat. I guess I forgot how disgusting rice cereal is. Why do they make everything for babies so nasty? Even the smell of formula is revolting.

So here is the before. Look how excited he is

During...Poor Guy!

And After. Guess it's not that bad after all.

5 comments:

Matt N Karen said...

Love the big boy bed, cute! By the way Luke's face is way to clean, maybe your not doing it right, my kids faces were always covered with that delicious smell!

Rachel said...

You inspired me and we set up Keegan's big boy bed (again) today. Last time, it did not go well and he was up every night ten million times- but it's been a few months and this time, he was acting excited to get his big boy bed set up. He took his nap in it today without a fight, we'll see how the night goes! Um. Not that it would be much different than normal if he screeches til I let him sleep in my bed anyway.... I guess the change is that instead of me going to get him out of his crib, he can just come on in!

Heather's Pink said...

Cute bed! You guys did a great job. I love the safety rail. Poor Henry never got one and fell out a few times before we were smart enough to put it against the wall. Good thing he only rolled one way.

jessica said...

I'm glad he likes his bed so much! It looks great!

Jen Johnson said...

Nice bed Max! I'm so happy that he stayed in there all night! Not Jonah...4 months! UGH! Congrats! And cute little Luke eating cereal all ready!