Monday, October 12, 2009

Monkey Max is Two!

Most days I find myself trying to calculate exactly how many days I have until Max enters kindergarten. Nursery has given me a taste of what school could be like... hours of quiet!!
Today is different, I'm feeling a little nostalgic.

Two years ago today I was pretty sure this baby was not going to come out. Max's dramatic entrance should have tipped me off that we were headed for trouble. The moment the doctor announced he was, in fact, a boy, he peed on me. From birth, he has had a mind of his own. He has to do things his own way, in his own time... not that I know anything about that. I never would have guessed that the same person who woke up every 45 minutes for the first two months of his life, peed through every piece of clothing, and refused to take a bottle would turn out to be one of my favorite people. These past two years have flown by, and I can't help missing my fuzzy headed little monkey baby who could only sleep snuggled up on my chest.

Happy Birthday, Monkey!

7 comments:

Meagan said...

He is one of the cutest boys I've ever seen. He truly is a monkey, isn't he?!?! Hope you guys are all doing well. Baby Luke is getting big also. You need a girl! You are totally out-numbered!

SarahPyrah said...

awwwhhh, makes me teary. Love him!
Before you know it, he will be headed into kinder and you will be teary...

Matt N Karen said...

Wow, time flies right? Happy Birthday Max!

Jen Johnson said...

Happy Birthday Max! We love you!

tblattman said...

Happy Birthday Max!!!

jessica said...

Happy Birthday, Max!! He did make quite the entrance, didn't he?

Leslie said...

*sniff* I think I need some tissue.