Friday, May 15, 2009

Your fork's ringing

I really wonder what life is going to be like with another boy in the house. Max's new "thing" is spitting. I think he picked it up watching us brush our teeth, but he ran with it. No matter where he is or what he's doing, he takes a moment to spit. He also likes to spit in disgust if he doesn't get his way. It's attractive. He spits in his sandbox, he spits in his food, he even spits in his shoes. (sort of sounds like a Dr. Seuss book) We took him to the park and as he was climbing the steps of the slide, he paused halfway up to spit. It was a blustery day and his spit sprayed right back into his face. I think boys are just predisposed to be gross.

Max is pretty funny. Last night at dinner (I use the term loosely because dinner to Max means throwing his food everywhere but his mouth) he picked up his fork like a phone and held it to his ear with his shoulder. He was talking to someone he really liked because he was laughing and talking gibberish excitedly. He lied to his friend, "haha yeah... mmm rice num yummy!" He didn't take a single bite, so I can only determine he was sarcastically telling his imaginary friend how horrible my cooking is. He then finished his fork call with a good spit.

3 comments:

Matt N Karen said...

Hey you know what they say.."spit happens!". That is really funny, and I only say that because it is not my kid.

Taneil said...

Max is so funny. I can't wait to see him teach the new baby bro all of his tricks! Yeah for boys!

jessica said...

Yummy! As long as he doesn't spit on people. Hudson tends to spit on people and parents never seem to take that well. It is VERY embarassing! I think I would prefer the shoe spit;)